Tuesday, September 6, 2011

End of summer...

(first sonogram photo at 7.5/8 weeks)

Wow, I haven’t blogged in two weeks. I’m a terrible mommy blogger. Not that so much has happened. Let’s see… Hurricane Irene ripped through the Northeast, causing waves of panic all throughout the tri-state area and beyond. They pretty much shut down the city and people were stuck in their homes all weekend. We stocked up on water bottles and food, but we were able to make it out to brunch the next morning just fine. Good thing we moved out of our first apartment in Hoboken or we might have been s-c-r-e-w-e-d.

The end of summer is always nice at work since people are all away on vacation and it’s so relaxing in the office. It’s awesome since I only went into work a handful of times the past two weeks, which really worked out since my nausea started to really kick in at around week 8. My long commute to and from work is taking a toll on my body bit by bit. It’s actually not so much the length of the commute; it’s more so the stop-and-go motion of the bus. By the time I get out I want to head to straight to a bathroom and hurl. Speaking of, I haven’t been throwing up. At all. Which is really great. In fact, I have slight nausea here and there and the occasional headache (and an uncomfortable feeling in my lower back) but other than that, it’s been pretty easy going. Also probably cause I’ve been sleeping for 10 hours at home each day. Ha.

My appetite this past week was out of control. All I wanted to eat was fried, nasty grease. Kid you not. White Castle burgers, McDonald’s French fries, pad thai and tonkatsu were on my mind. And I generally don’t like fried, oily foods but something in my gut—literally—kept craving it. I’m pretty sure I’ve packed on like 7 pounds since my last doctor’s visit. I’m scared to step on a scale tomorrow.

Going back to my last doctor’s visit… so we went to Dr. Chong for my first prenatal visit. Let’s just say, that’s the last time I’ll be seeing him. He was fine, but that was the most perfunctory exam I’ve ever received. And it almost felt like he was uncomfortable looking at me (you know where). How’s the dude supposed to deliver my baby if he can’t look at me down there with a straight face? Plus, he’s way too Koreanized for my taste (he gave me a pamphlet in Korean). The only cool part was that we got to see our baby on the screen and hear his/her heartbeat! It was a crazy experience for sure. So tomorrow we go see Dr. Amerson, which I’m kind of excited about. I’m hoping we’ll get to see the baby on the screen again. I think it should look less like a tadpole now.

No comments:

Post a Comment