Saturday, September 17, 2011

The weighting game

(image of 12 week belly.)

At my very first appointment with Dr. Miller, the nurse weighed me in at about 93 pounds. I think I was more like 94 though. Well anyway, since that first measurement and the time I went to Dr. Chong's office (somewhere around 95 or 96 pounds) I haven't been able to tell my weight. It has been seriously driving me crazy since I know I have been eating like a pig and I was probably like ten pounds heavier since I first found out I was pregnant.

I made Dave run out and buy a scale from Target this week and just the other day I nervously stepped onto it. It read: 94.6 pounds. Woah, are you serious??? Even Dave made a remark about how "that doesn't sound right." (jerk!) but hey, I will take it. To my sweet relief, I did not gain a gargantuan amount even though I have been eating Wendy's, White Castle and sodium infested Korean food every night.

Here is the weird thing though. Just this morning, I stepped on the scale (at 95.4 pounds) and a few meals later when I stepped in again, it said something like 97.4 pounds!!! Is it possible to gain two pounds in two hours? Geez. Thank goodness I'm not neurotic enough to check after I eat dinner or I may come off the scale crying.

Tomorrow I am officially 11 weeks (I think) and that means after this week there are only two more weeks until the end of my first trimester!! I still have that nasty metallic taste in my mouth where it feels like I've been sucking on nickels all day. Yuck. But this might be a good thing. If food actually tasted good, I can't imagine how much more I would be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment