Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things I’m looking forward to....

(dreaming of sailing away...)

One thing I’m looking forward to during pregnancy is having bigger feet so I can finally buy normal adult women’s shoes like a normal adult woman. (Not that being able to slip into kids’ shoes is a bad thing, but obviously the selections are pretty limited.) The other? Fabulous hair and nails. I’ve always had brittle thin hair and for once to have a voluminous sexy mane would be pretty hot. Oh, and nails that don’t chip every day. I think the prenatal vitamins along with the hormones are responsible for these beautifying bonuses.

I’m nearing my first trimester now and it’s crazy to me how fast it went by. Well, I didn’t know I was pregnant until week 5 or so, which made the time go even faster. I consider it very lucky that I found out sooner than later since I was eating massive amounts of sushi and soft served ice cream during the summer. (Did you know pregnant women can’t eat soft served ice cream? Listeria. Boo.) Besides the metallic taste in my mouth, the vertigo (which SUCKED), mild nausea, boob pain, lower back ache and cramps, I’ve had it pretty easy so far. They say that the second trimester is the “golden” trimester since you don’t have these symptoms anymore and you’re just happily eating away and not feeling as though you have your life sucked out of you. Perfect time to go on a babymoon, I hear.

Dave has never been to Paris and I would love to go with him this fall before we have this baby. I’m already sad that we couldn’t make a trip out to Korea and it doesn’t seem likely that we’ll be able to until our kids are about 14 (I dare not take them when they’re young for fear that I’ll want to jump out the window). I wonder if anyone has ever been to Paris for a babymoon. I’m guessing it’s not the most ideal place since you’d be tempted to eat stuff you’re not supposed to (Crepes with ham and cheese! Oysters! Yum!) and you’re pretty much walking around all day, which, if you’re carrying a bowling ball inside, might be pretty tiring after an hour or so.

I also wouldn’t mind going down to Florida but what’s the point if I can’t go on roller coasters?? Eh, I guess I can go to Disney but I’m sure we’ll be making more trips there when the kids get older, so I may want to put that on hold.

Maybe we’ll just take a cruise somewhere and eat like fatties on the ship and just chill out all day. That actually doesn’t sound like a bad idea. But it could get boring just being on a big boat with just the two of you for several days. Which leads me to ask: Is it awkward to have people come crash our babymoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment