Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

(whoever said depends was only for the elderly?)

So about two to three months ago, Dave and I received an offer to go to Antigua from work (which I gladly accepted, duh) and we're flying out tomorrow. It's funny though. Earlier this month, I couldn't wait to get my butt on that plane, but now I'm sort of nervous to fly. There are a lot of warnings in regards to pregnant women in their first and third trimesters flying on a plane. Supposedly it increases the risk of miscarriage(?!) or so some people believe. Thus, I'm a little apprehensive about the whole trip, but I'm sure once I get there I'll be thrilled to just relax poolside and do nothing. I mean absolutely nothing. If I wanted to, I could sleep 19 hours a day. And there's nothing I want more these days than SLEEP. I would kill for 19 hours of sleep.

I think part of the reason why I don't get enough sleep is cause I'm up peeing half the night. I've always had a tiny bladder, but pregnancy has somehow (if physically possible) compressed it to make it even smaller. I have to pee so frequently that I'm considering wearing Depends on the way to work God forbid I get stuck in one of those nightmarish delays. No doubt I would pee all over myself. The second I get off the train and head into the office, I have to pee SO bad that I literally do a little pee-pee dance to shake off the gotta-go-now feeling. And just as a tease to my bladder, of course I'm always thirsty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment