Monday, November 14, 2011

Ohhhhh..... we're half way there

I'm almost 20 weeks now and I can feel definitive moves from the baby. He/she loves kicking around... especially when I'm trying to go to sleep. Wow, showing defiance so early!

I love hearing people's gender guesses. My OB didn't give me a guess so I really have nothing to go by. We can potentially find out this Thursday but Dave and I decided to find out a little later on to make it more of a "surprise." I know this will drive some of our friends crazy (ahem Bori, Stony, Susan Bang, amongst others) but just look at it this way— at least I'm not making you wait until I give birth. Hahaha. Not that I could wait that long myself.

It's been interesting to measure myself up against all the gender myths out there to see where I stand. I think it calls for a whole separate blog post though since there are so many old wives tales out there. And sometimes when I think about it too much it gets so confusing and starts to drive me mad.

We are going to (finally) get a new car this month. We are eyeing the Nissan Rogue at this point but my parents keep insisting that we get the Nissan Murano, which is 'bigger and better' they say. I don't know how they would even know since they drive an Acura TL and my dad has never been behind the wheels of an SUV before. Korean parents will always be Korean parents. Sigh.

My mom and dad are pretty awesome though despite their pushy ways. They come over with ten bags of groceries from HMart and put half the food in the fridge and use the other half to make galbijjim and other delicious meals to eat later on. I don't know if they spoil me cause I'm a girl and I'm the one who's pregnant. Actually, they spoil Dave too. What am I talking about. Which makes me wonder if I'll be the same way with my kids when I get older. I asked my sister what she thought and she rolled her eyes first and answered with a resounding "duh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment